Getting to the Mornington Peninsula
Mornington Peninsula Table Tennis Association 350 Dunns Road, Mornington, VICTORIA.
Option 1 – Public Transport
From MELBOURNE AIRPORT (1 – 10)
From MELBOURNE (4 – 10)
- Go to the SKYBUS TICKET DESK to purchase a MYKI CARD and top up with some money. (See below on the use of MYKI cards)
- Exit the Airport terminal, turn right and go to the BUS TRANSPORT HUB opposite TERMINAL 4.
- On the far side of the Bus Terminus at Bay 16 catch the 901 BUS that says FRANKSTON. That bus will take you to the Frankston Station direct, however, it may take about 4 hours.
- For a shorter trip, catch a 901 BUS and go to BROADMEADOWS STATION (15 mins). Catch the train to Melbourne either Flinders Street or Southern Cross Station (about 30 mins). Change trains to FRANKSTON (about 60 mins).
- At FRANKSTON STATION catch the 785 BUS to the Mornington / Tyabb rd corner (45 mins) and ask the driver to let you off at the entrance to the Civic Reserve on Dunns Road. You will see the stadiums across the lake. This is the better option.
- Also from FRANKSTON STATION you could catch the 784 BUS to the Mornington / Tyabb rd corner (40 mins) but you will have to walk to the Civic Centre entrance road on Dunns road.
- Follow the Civic Centre entrance road and walk to the stadium’s car park and you will see the main entrance.
- Both the 785 & 784 buses are 1 hour between buses, however, the 785 bus runs near the hour and the 784 bus runs near the half hour. So, between the two, you should have a half hour.
- You could also hire a TAXI from FRANKSTON STATION.
- MYKI CARDS. You can also top up with the driver on the bus if you run short of funds on the Myki card.
- When using the MYKI card you have to tap on at the beginning of your trip and tap off at the end of your trip (otherwise you will be charged for maximum value of two zones). It then closes the trip (start & finish). If it does not close the trip it may not start to read your next trip. In that case you will have to get help from the bus driver or a station attendant.
- Go to the Skybus terminal and buy a Myki Card.
- Exit the terminal and walk across the first road, turning left and walking to the end of the platform at T1.
- Catch the bus number 901. The sign on the bus should say “Frankston”.
For up-to-date travel information, please visit Public Transport Victoria on ptv.vic.gov.au
Option 2 – Airport Bus
Skybus’ Frankston & Peninsula Airport Shuttle (FAPAS) can take you from Tullamarine airport to 444 Nepean Highway, Frankston, as well as to the Corner of Main Street & Queen Street, Mornington. All the suggested accommodation for the 2017 championship is within close proximity to these stops.
In support of this event, SkyBus has reduced the pricing of the airport shuttle via their FAPAS service to Mornington (typically $44 each way), and are now offering athletes a round trip for a total $44. In addition, all vision impaired passengers travel for free on any SkyBus service upon presenting their card. For details, please view or download the Discount Pricing Document.
Please note that FAPAS vehicles are not wheelchair accessible. Wheelchair participants: refer to the alternative SkyBus option, below.
Alternatively, and if you require wheelchair access, you may wish to travel by Skybus to Southern Cross railway station and board the Frankston train for a more cost-effective and scenic route. A taxi may be required from Frankston railway station, depending on your chosen accommodation. For details, please view or download the Discount Pricing Document.
Please ensure you book in advance at skybus.com.au