MPTTA is the second largest table tennis club in Victoria serving the entire Mornington Peninsula and Frankston areas. We have world class facilities including leading edge international tournament quality tables, outstanding lighting and courts in a purpose built stadium located in picturesque Mornington. Our club has received accolades for its all-inclusive culture - we are a community club which welcomes people of any age, gender, race, religion, and ability including All Abilities (people with a disability) LGBTQI, indigenous peoples, refugees and so on. MPTTA is one of the leaders in providing a community service for health and well-being through sport. As part of our goals we run programs to encourage participation by All Abilities people, women and girls, older people, and families especially including single parents. We also run state, national and international events and many tournaments. We are a non-profit incorporated association largely run by volunteers for the community.
· ~500 people come to the stadium each week
· We run social table tennis, competition, Pennant, state, Australian and international tournaments
· program for “All Abilities” (disabled) as part of the Fit and Fun program with around 10 partner organisations
· seniors program called “Keenagers” –with around 200 participants per week.
· MPTTA is renowned for its all-inclusive and welcoming culture – open to all ages, gender, abilities etc
· MPTTA is renowned for its All Abilities program and participation in Fit and Fun days;
· we initiated the Get FITT © program (Females in Table Tennis) to boost female participation in a fit and healthy and social activity to promote well-being and bridge the gender gap – MPTTA has been given two Government grants for this program: an Active Club Grant and a This Girl Can – Victoria campaign grant;
MPTTA runs many programs catering for juniors e.g. Friday Juniors or Spinneroos for entry level players (see under "Juniors" for details")
· MPTTA caters for older people in the Mornington Peninsula region through its Keenagers program which is extremely popular;
· MPTTA encourages and has many families who play to have fun and enjoy social activities and/or to develop and represent Victoria or Australia
President - Max Coulthard
Vic-President - Terry Kingston
Treasurer - Les Dawson
Secretary - David Griersmith
The MPTTA Constitution, Policies and Procedures may be accessed by MPTTA Members via the MPTTA RevSport website at About - Mornington Peninsula Table Tennis Association Inc - revolutioniseSPORT
MPTTA operates an annual awards system including Honorary Membership (for non-Board members), Life Membership (for Board members) and Volunteer of the Year award. These awards are made for major contributions over a long period. In addition MPTTA can nominate members for TTV awards such as Distinguished Service Award, Long Service Award, and Volunteer of the Year Award. These annual TTV awards are for outstanding service to the club and to the sport.